Sunday, March 23, 2008

Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas

The Monster and I just fended for ourselves tonight instead of making dinner. But, since I'll have a long work day, I made dinner for tomorrow night today. I threw together what is in essence a quick casserole that I can pop in the oven when I get home. A long time ago my mom got us a subscription to Vegetarian Times. I'd made their recipe for Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas a number of times, but had lost the issue it was in. Thanks to Al Gore...the internet and Google came to the rescue! ;-)
I'll probably just make a quick green salad to go with. I'll post a photo tomorrow night when it comes out of the oven all bubbly with cheesy goodness.


Here she is...before I topped it with cilantro. I think I'll make this a day ahead next time we have it too. The corn tortillas soaked up a lot of the yummy enchilada snauce sitting in the frigo overnight. I only made half the recipe written and it made plenty for 2 plus enough for lunches the next day. If made ahead, cook covered with foil for ~25-30 minutes at 350. Then remove the foil, bump the heat to 375, and cook until cheese is bubbly.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I made these tonight - yummy! But, Erin, did you REALLY use already made enchilada sauce?!?! Try http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/PrintThreeByFive.aspx?RecipeID=21433&servings=7
for a homemade version. I will recommend that you only use a smidgen of the chili powder instead of the 1/3 C in this recipe unless you are heat fanatics!

Erndog said...

Hey Beth...Ok, if you didn't have a new kid strapped to your hip, I'd have to go on and on about the client I had that week! You get a pass, and point taken. Thanks for the link! I didn't read the ingredients on that sauce can on purpose...ignorance is bliss?? :-)