Monday, May 10, 2010

Fresh Greek-Style Salsa

I'm not sure why this Cooking Light recipe I found was named "Italian-style" Salsa. The kalamata olives and feta make it seem more Greek to me. So Italian-style salsa...consider yourself renamed!
Takes all of 5 minutes to dress up a simple broiled fish fillet with this yummy stuff. In my book, that makes it a total keeper. I just riff on the amounts listed below depending on whether it's just the Monster and me, or more. And, I know for a fact that I don't put in as much red onion and raw garlic. Just make it however you like and it's sure to be good.

"Greek-Style" Salsa:
(Cooking Light)

4 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used tomatoes on the vine)
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons drained capers
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)

Stir together first 10 ingredients, and, if desired, feta cheese, in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

No comments: