Thursday, October 23, 2008

HELP!!!

Somebody send me a good tried and true recipe that's quasi-healthy already!! The last 2 new recipes I made I won't bother posting about. A vegan carmelized onion dip...way overseasoned and kind of off somehow. A butternut squash soup that's about to go down the disposal. I just can't afford to keep making stuff for the sink to eat! So this is a plea for anyone that has a recipe that never misses. Please for to send it! I'll make it and then rave about it in a post. Thanks!! :-)

4 comments:

Mike said...

hmm. If you're getting pears maybe I should send you Mom's curried fruit recipe. The original version has alot of butter and brown sugar making it more like a dessert, but it can certainly be cut back. I'd be intereted to see what you do with it.

Erndog said...

I'd love to see it Mike! Maybe we could cut a lot of the fat and sugar and make a chutney for meats?

Erndog said...

Beth- Thanks for the picadillo recipe! I was going to try it over the weekend, but we ended up eating a chicken dish with olives two nights in a row and needed a break from olivey goodness. This coming week though!

Deb Schiff said...

Here's one for you:

http://hereandthere123.blogspot.com/2008/08/uber-garlicky-super-speedy-bean.html